I hadn’t seen the first season of 30 Days or even Super Size Me when my TiVo somehow recorded “Immigration,” the premiere episode of the second season. I watched it twice, cried a lot and was converted to the cause—not immigration reform, necessarily, but Morgan Spurlock and the brazen way this show just doesn’t settle for agreeing to disagree. The rest of the episodes were nearly as good, including the finale in which Morgan put himself behind bars for a month and “Outsourcing,” which featured a laid-off IT worked who headed to India to live with call-center workers. When I activated a new credit card last night, my clearly foreign customer service rep. was so much more than a disembodied, heavily accented voice reading a script.
- #48 – The Push Principle – Recorded 8/19/07
- #47 – Victimology – Recorded 8-12-07
- Tangents II
- #46 – Pulling Up Stakes – Recorded 7-22-07
- This is what happens when you decide to try to watch most of what’s on TV in a year.
- This actually is our Emmy post.
- #45 – Iconoclasm – Recorded 7-15-07
- #44 – What Would Kenny Luby Do? – Recorded 7-6-07
- #43 – White Noise – Recorded 7-1-07
- #42 – Last Looks – Recorded 6-24-07