It seems wrong to have The Sopranos this low, especially after another engrossing, thoughtful season. There were complaints all over the place, but I think they’re mostly unjustified. Somewhere around Ralphie’s beheading, a lot of people forgot what the Sopranos is actually about: family, business, success, insecurities… normal stuff under some otherwise extraordinary circumstances. Again, I don’t want to spoil anyone (chiefly Darwin), but Tony’s journey was breathtaking and painful and strange. And I liked almost all of the ancillary stories, including Vito’s, um, struggle, and Christopher’s… issues. (I am doing a masterful job convincing all you holdouts with these illuminating descriptions, aren’t I?) Anyways. I can’t wait for the second half of the season in April. I’m counting on David Chase to end things well. Not neatly, just right.
- #48 – The Push Principle – Recorded 8/19/07
- #47 – Victimology – Recorded 8-12-07
- Tangents II
- #46 – Pulling Up Stakes – Recorded 7-22-07
- This is what happens when you decide to try to watch most of what’s on TV in a year.
- This actually is our Emmy post.
- #45 – Iconoclasm – Recorded 7-15-07
- #44 – What Would Kenny Luby Do? – Recorded 7-6-07
- #43 – White Noise – Recorded 7-1-07
- #42 – Last Looks – Recorded 6-24-07