I’m starting to feel a bit oppressed by summer, and it’s not just the heat (despite the best efforts of the Hell’s Kitchen graphics department). Truly, it was hard to get through some of this week’s shows. Darwin and I continue to get very different things out of HBO’s Sunday night lineup of John From Cincinnati, Entourage and the new series Flight of the Conchords. But we’re united in our adoration of Creature Comforts and our… disappointment? in Heartland. All of our other summer shows—On the Lot, Traveler, Top Chef, The Starter Wife, Studio 60 and Standoff—remain as good and as bad as they ever were, which is something of a relief, I guess. Though what’s really relieving is knowing that at least two of these shows only have one more episode left.
- #48 – The Push Principle – Recorded 8/19/07
- #47 – Victimology – Recorded 8-12-07
- Tangents II
- #46 – Pulling Up Stakes – Recorded 7-22-07
- This is what happens when you decide to try to watch most of what’s on TV in a year.
- This actually is our Emmy post.
- #45 – Iconoclasm – Recorded 7-15-07
- #44 – What Would Kenny Luby Do? – Recorded 7-6-07
- #43 – White Noise – Recorded 7-1-07
- #42 – Last Looks – Recorded 6-24-07